Direct Line Home Insurance Is My Boiler Covered

Direct Line home insurance review - Which?

Direct Line Home Insurance Is My Boiler Covered

Posted by Brassard Adrianna on Thursday, 20 February, 2020 00:37:54

Compare boiler and central heating cover A working boiler and central heating system are essential in keeping your home warm and comfortable. If your heating system breaks down, you want to be

Protecting your boiler. Most home emergency insurance add-ons, provide some cover for boiler and heating repairs but watch out for seasonal restrictions - Axa, for example, doesn't cover you between May and August. While claims can be limited to £500, this should usually be enough.

The kind you need depends on your existing heating system and other elements. Conventional boiler A conventional boiler is connected to a storage tank, which stores hot water. The hot water tank is connected to a cold water tank, and these are both usually placed in the loft of your property.

Direct Line Home Insurance will pay up to £5,000 for Trace and Access cover. This includes removing and replacing any part of the building in order to find the source of water escaping from tanks, pipes, appliances or fixed heating systems that are causing damage to the building.

If you take out our award-winning landlord buildings insurance, you will get boiler cover as standard. As well as your boiler, 'built-in' equipment such as fitted ovens, air-conditioning systems and security/alarm systems are also covered by our landlord buildings insurance. The exact equipment covered will depend on which sections of cover you have selected on your policy.

Most insurers which offer emergency cover will stipulate that a home's boiler can't be more than between 10 and 15 years old. - Emergency cover, unlike many specialist boiler cover policies, generally includes other heating and water system problems such as burst pipes and blocked drains, as well as home electrical failures.