Home Insurance Water Damage

Flood Insurance Stock Photography - Image: 32095672

Home Insurance Water Damage

Posted by Boy Adelaide on Thursday, 14 November, 2019 06:05:32

If your water heater leaks or ruptures and causes a serious spill in your house, you have every right to notify your homeowner's insurance company. In fact, most home improvement experts advise homeowners to file water-related insurance claims before talking to a cleanup specialist or plumber.

Standard home insurance policies require water damage to be sudden and internal, with the requirement that the water has never touched the outside ground. This means the water damage must be the result of one of the 16 perils covered by homeowner's insurance , such as sudden and accidental tearing, cracking, burning, or bulging of a steam, heating, AC, or automatic fire protection system.

There are some types of water damage that homeowner's insurance won't cover. Damage caused by natural flooding from an exterior source must be covered under a distinct flood insurance policy. Homes in dry climates or elevated areas away from natural sources of water may not require flood insurance policies.

If your home suffers water damage, the first call will be to your insurance company. It's important to understand the full extent of the damage, as well as the cause of the water damage, so that you can get an adjuster to give an estimate. The adjuster will come out and take a look at the damage.

Water Damage Insurance: A type of protection provided in most homeowners insurance policies against sudden and accidental water damage. Water damage insurance does not cover damage resulting from

Under most standard home insurance policies, if water damage occurs suddenly or accidentally from a source inside your home, such as a busted pipe, it will likely be covered by your homeowners insurance. If the water comes from outside your home, it will not be covered by your standard policy.